Want to get verified on Instagram? Learn the eligibility requirements, tips for preparing your profile, and step-by-step instructions for submitting your verification request. Increase your chances of success and establish credibility on Instagram with our comprehensive guide.
In today’s digital age, social media has become an essential tool for building a brand, promoting products or services, and connecting with customers and fans. Instagram, in particular, has emerged as one of the most popular and influential social media platforms, with over a billion monthly active users worldwide. With so many people vying for attention on Instagram, it’s no wonder that getting verified has become a coveted status symbol for influencers, businesses, and public figures alike. After you apply for verification, you can buy Instagram followers to increase your reach, sales, and engagement rates.
In this article, we’ll explore the concept of Instagram verification and provide a comprehensive guide on how to get verified on the platform. We’ll discuss the eligibility requirements for verification, the steps involved in applying for verification, and tips for increasing your chances of success. Whether you’re a small business owner, an aspiring influencer, or a public figure looking to establish credibility on Instagram, this article will provide valuable insights and practical advice on how to stand out and get verified. So, let’s dive in!
What Does It Mean to Be Verified on Instagram?
When you see a blue checkmark next to an Instagram account name, it means that the account has been verified by Instagram. Verification is a way for Instagram to authenticate the identity of a particular account and to confirm that it is an official, authentic, and notable account belonging to a public figure, celebrity, brand, or entity.
Having a verified account on Instagram can confer several benefits. First, it provides a layer of credibility and legitimacy to your account, as it signals to your followers and potential customers that your account is official and trustworthy. Second, it can help to differentiate your account from imposters, copycats, or fan accounts, which can be especially important for public figures or brands with a significant following. Third, a verified account may receive higher visibility on Instagram, as it may be featured on Instagram’s Discover page or in search results.
Overall, being verified on Instagram is a mark of distinction and recognition, and it can be a valuable asset for building a strong brand presence on the platform. In the next section, we’ll discuss who is eligible for Instagram verification and what criteria Instagram uses to determine eligibility.
Who Can Get Verified on Instagram
Not everyone can get verified on Instagram, and Instagram has strict eligibility requirements for verification. Here are the key criteria that Instagram uses to determine eligibility:
- Account Type: Instagram only verifies accounts that represent public figures, celebrities, brands, or entities that are likely to be impersonated or have a high likelihood of being searched for. Instagram does not verify individual or personal accounts, so if you’re an average user with a regular account, you won’t be eligible for verification.
- Authenticity: Your account must be authentic and represent a real person, brand, or entity. You cannot be verified for a fake or parody account, a fan account, or a memorial account.
- Completeness: Your account must be complete and meet all of Instagram’s guidelines for a complete profile. This includes having a profile photo, a bio, and at least one post.
- Adherence to Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines: Your account must comply with Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. This means that your account cannot have any violations of Instagram’s rules, such as posting inappropriate or harmful content, engaging in spammy or abusive behavior, or violating copyright or intellectual property rights.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, you can apply for verification on Instagram. In the next section, we’ll discuss how to prepare your account for verification and increase your chances of success.
How to Prepare for Instagram Verification
Before you apply for verification on Instagram, it’s essential to optimize your Instagram profile and content to increase your chances of success. Here are some tips to help you prepare for Instagram verification:
- Update your profile information: Make sure your profile information is complete and up-to-date. This includes adding a profile picture, a bio that accurately describes you or your brand, and a link to your website or other relevant pages.
- Post high-quality content: Instagram verification is reserved for accounts that have high-quality, original, and engaging content. Make sure to post regularly and use high-quality photos or videos that showcase your personality, brand, or products.
- Engage with your followers: Instagram wants to see that you have an engaged and active following. This means responding to comments, liking and commenting on other user’s posts, and posting Instagram Stories or Live videos to connect with your followers.
- Build a strong online presence: In addition to Instagram, consider building a strong online presence on other social media platforms or websites. This can help to establish your credibility and increase your chances of being verified on Instagram.
By following these tips, you can optimize your Instagram profile and content to increase your chances of being verified on the platform. In the next section, we’ll discuss the steps involved in applying for Instagram verification.
How to Apply for Instagram Verification
If you meet the eligibility requirements and have prepared your Instagram profile and content, you can apply for verification on Instagram. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for Instagram verification:
- Open the Instagram app: To apply for verification, you need to use the Instagram mobile app. Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your device.
- Go to your profile settings: Tap on your profile icon on the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap the three horizontal lines on the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
- Open account type and tools: Below “For Professionals”, tap “Account Type and Tools”.
- Request verification: Tap “Request Verification.” This will take you to the verification request form.
- Fill out the verification request form: Instagram will ask you to provide your full name or the name of your brand or entity, your Instagram username, and a photo ID that shows your name and date of birth (for personal accounts) or a business document that proves your legitimacy (for brand or entity accounts). Make sure you have all the required information ready before filling out the form.
- Submit the verification request: Once you have completed the form, tap “Send” to submit your request. Instagram will review your request and notify you of their decision via a notification in the Instagram app.
It’s important to note that submitting a verification request does not guarantee that your account will be verified. Instagram will review your account and decide whether to grant verification based on their eligibility criteria and other factors. If your request is denied, you can reapply after 30 days.
What Happens After You Apply for Instagram Verification
After you submit your verification request, Instagram will review your application and notify you of their decision via a notification in the Instagram app. Here’s what you can expect after you apply for Instagram verification:
- Review process: Instagram’s review process typically takes around 2-4 weeks. During this time, Instagram will review your application and assess whether you meet their eligibility requirements and other factors that they consider when reviewing applications.
- Factors considered: Instagram considers several factors when reviewing applications for verification, including the authenticity, uniqueness, completeness, and relevance of your account, as well as your presence and influence both on and off the platform.
- Notification of decision: Once Instagram has reviewed your application, they will notify you of their decision via a notification in the Instagram app. If your application is approved, you will receive a blue checkmark badge on your profile. If your application is denied, you can reapply after 30 days.
It’s important to note that the review process can take longer than expected in some cases. If you don’t receive a notification from Instagram after 4 weeks, you can follow up with them by submitting a new verification request or contacting their support team.
Tips for Increasing Your Chances of Getting Verified on Instagram
While meeting the eligibility requirements and following the verification request process are the first steps toward getting verified on Instagram, there are additional tips and best practices that can increase your chances of success. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Maintain a consistent brand identity: Having a clear and consistent brand identity across your Instagram profile, website, and other online channels can help establish your legitimacy and make it easier for Instagram to verify your account.
- Build a strong online presence: In addition to your Instagram account, having a strong presence on other online platforms, such as a website, blog, or other social media accounts, can help demonstrate your influence and relevance in your industry or niche.
- Engage with your followers and the wider Instagram community: Building an engaged and loyal following on Instagram can also demonstrate your influence and relevance. Make sure to respond to comments and messages, use relevant hashtags, and participate in Instagram communities related to your niche.
- Post high-quality and original content: Consistently posting high-quality and original content can demonstrate your creativity and influence. Avoid using stock photos or reposting content from other accounts.
- Use Instagram’s features and tools: Using Instagram’s features and tools, such as Instagram Stories, IGTV, and Instagram Reels, can help increase your visibility and engagement on the platform.
Remember, getting verified on Instagram is not a guarantee, and there is no surefire way to guarantee success. However, by following these tips and best practices, you can increase your chances of getting verified and building a strong presence on Instagram.
Getting verified on Instagram is a valuable way to establish your legitimacy and influence on the platform, but it requires meeting certain eligibility requirements and following Instagram’s guidelines and best practices for verification. In this article, we’ve covered the basics of what it means to be verified on Instagram, who is eligible for verification, how to prepare and apply for verification, and tips for increasing your chances of success.
Remember that verification is not a guarantee, and Instagram carefully considers each application based on a variety of factors. However, by following these guidelines and best practices, you can increase your chances of success and establish a strong online presence on Instagram.
Whether you’re an influencer, brand, or public figure, verification can help you stand out and build credibility on Instagram. So, take the time to optimize your profile and content, engage with your followers and community, and apply for verification when you’re eligible. With patience and persistence, you can achieve the coveted blue checkmark and unlock new opportunities on Instagram. For more information about Instagram verification, you can check out Instagram Help Center.
Don’t forget to check out the blog posts below for more Instagram feature tips and tricks.
Emily is a social media strategist with a keen eye for design. She loves exploring new ways to engage audiences and develop brand awareness. When she’s not working, Emily can be found trying out new recipes in the kitchen, practicing yoga, or hiking in the mountains.
Emily is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, where she earned a degree in graphic design. She has worked in the social media industry for over five years and has developed a reputation for her exceptional design skills and her ability to create engaging visual content. Emily is also an avid traveler and has backpacked through Europe and Asia, which has inspired many of her creative projects.